In an emergency situation, the Library Director, Clerk Treasurer or a Branch Manager placed in charge of the library will make official statements to the public and media. If it is necessary for library staff to provide the public with information, library administration will inform staff what is to be said. In the event that the library has to be closed due to weather or an emergency situation, the Librarian-in-Charge will contact designated media services.
Be it resolved that the Puskarich Public Library System has on file a copy of the Ohio Industries for the Handicapped Catalog and regularly reviews the catalog for appropriate products and services in accordance with ORC 4115.34
Ohio Open Public Meeting Law Resolution
The following Resolution adopted by the Board in conformance to the Ohio Open Public Meeting Law (Am. Sub. S. B. 74) which was effective November 28, 1975. The resolution states:
- Whereas, the General Assembly of the State of Ohio has passed Sub. S. B. 74 known as the Ohio Open Public Meeting Law and the same became effective in 1975.
- Whereas, the Board of Trustees of the Puskarich Public Library System has, in principle and in practice, demonstrated its concurrence with the purpose and intent of such law, and
- Whereas, Sub. S. B. 74 provides that every public body shall by rule establish a reasonable method whereby any person may determine the time and place of all regular scheduled meetings, and the time and place of all special meetings,
Now Therefore Be It Resolved, That
- An official communication be submitted to the local print media serving the Puskarich Public Library System that the regular monthly meeting of the Board of Trustees shall be held at 10:00 a. m. in the Conference Room at the Main Library on the second Wednesday of each month,
- That any deviation from that regular schedule or any special meeting of the Board of Trustees shall be reported to the media and/or posted in library agencies at least 24 hours in advance of such meeting,
- That any person who inquires, in person or by telephone, concerning the date, time and place of such meetings shall be so informed.
- It is the policy of the Puskarich Public Library System that all circulation and patron records as well as other records identifying names of library users with specific materials or internet transactions be considered confidential in nature. No such records shall be made readily available to any agency of state, federal, or local government, or to any individual not specifically authorized by the Director.
- Records of minor children may be provided to their parents/guardians.
Public Relations Policy
To ensure that the public receives consistent and accurate information about library policies, procedures, programs and services, and to ensure that the best possible image of the library is presented to the public, the following public relations policy has been developed.
Library Materials and Promotional Materials
Library Materials and Promotional and informational materials [e.g., handouts, brochures] designed to be disseminated to the public will meet standards of quality established by the library. The Library Director and Branch Managers will be responsible to see that such promotional and informational materials meet the library standards of quality.
The Library Director will arrange contacts with the media for the library.
Contacts made by the media with the library will be directed to the Library Director.
Letters to the editor designed to officially speak for the library will not be submitted by library staff without prior approval of the library administration.
Speaking engagements made by library staff on behalf of the library will be coordinated through the Library Director with the approval of library administration.
The primary purpose of the meeting room at the Puskarich Public Library is to provide facilities for library related activities. Needs of the library for use of the meeting rooms take precedence over use by outside groups.
As a community service, the library makes its meeting room available for use by nonprofit community groups when it is not being used for library related activities. Groups may use the meeting room both for private meetings or to present programs for the general public. Programs which are open to the general public must be open to all, consistent with the informational, educational, or cultural purposes of the library and must be non-soliciting in nature. Groups using the meeting room must not disrupt the normal functions of the library.
The library will provide tables and chairs required by the group or organization. Library films or other library materials must be obtained for use through normal library circulation procedures. The following equipment will be furnished by the library: tables, chairs, lectern, projection table, LCD projector, slide projector, overhead projector and movie screen. Each group is required to set up tables and chairs for their meeting and are required to return these items to their original position after the meeting is concluded if changed from library setup.
Meeting Room Fees
- The use of the meeting room is free during library hours. However, donations will be accepted to assist in the cost of maintaining meeting room facilities and equipment.
- A fee may be charged if the group's use of the room results in the need for repair to library furnishings or equipment or if excessive clean-up is required by library staff. Imposition of this fee will be at the discretion of the Library Director.
Meeting Room Reservations
- To reserve the meeting room, the person in charge must be over 18 years of age.
- The room must be reserved in advance. Reservations can be made by phone or in person.
- Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis. Reservations may not be made for meeting room use more than three  months in advance.
- Meeting space may be reserved for use only during normal hours of operation. Meetings may not be scheduled before the library opens nor may they be scheduled on holidays or Sundays. Programs or meetings must end prior to library closing time.
- The library maintains a calendar listing of confirmed meeting dates which is available to the public. All reservations made through 740.942.2623.
Meeting Room Responsibilities
- Failure to abide by these rules for meeting room use may be justification for denying the group further use of meeting rooms.
- The library is not liable for injuries to people, damage to their property, or loss of property belonging to individuals or groups using the meeting rooms.
- The group using the meeting room is responsible for setting up tables, chairs, etc. used by the group and for returning these items to their original position after the meeting is ended if changed from library setup.
- Any adult making a reservation to reserve a meeting room must agree to assume full responsibility for any damages to the facility or equipment which may occur as a result of the group's activities.
- The Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to amend these regulations at any time. For good cause, the Library Director or Library Board of Trustees may waive any meeting room regulation, and deny or cancel any request for reservation of meeting room space.
- The Library Director or Library Board of Trustees may demand sufficient time to make proper investigation before granting final approval of any request for use of the meeting room.
- The library reserves the right to cancel prior meeting room reservations with at least 48 hours notice, or with less notice in case of emergency (snow closing, power failure, etc…).
(Revised policy 1-12-2000)
The Puskarich Public Library System website is provided for information purposes only.
While the information contained within the website is periodically updated, no guarantee is given that the information provided in the website is correct, complete, and up-to-date.
Through the website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Puskarich Public Library System. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
All users of the website agree to hold Puskarich Public Library System harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, obligations or liabilities, directly or indirectly relating to the website and/or the networked information available via the website, caused thereby or arising therefrom. In no event shall Puskarich Public Library System have any liability for lost profits or for indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages or any liability to any third party, even if Puskarich Public Library System is advised of the possibility of such damages.
Respect the privacy of others by not misrepresenting yourself as another user; by not attempting to modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others; by not seeking unauthorized access to any computer system, or damaging or altering software components of any network or database.